Bojan Milic & Milos Garunovic
Bojan Milić is a Java Software Engineer at QCerris. After working in the gaming industry on creating applications for VR technologies (Unity and Unreal Engine), and after the experience he gained as a lecturer in Internet Technology courses at the eCampus University of Milano, he has entirely dedicated his focus to the development of Java applications and working on projects that use microservice architecture, staying in that field for several years now. Nature lover, Scuba diving instructor, active runner, hiker, keyboard player,
a fan of cars and the occasional work on them out of a pure hobby.
Miloš Garunović is a backend developer for logistics software, working on 3rd party integrations. Previously he worked in the Healthcare industry developing the architecture for 3rd party integrations and improving the 3rd party integrations architecture, simplifying codebase and maintenance. He’s passionate about new technologies, helping others, and sharing knowledge. Held seminars about productivity in IntelliJ in Belgrade and Novi Sad. Spends free time bicycle touring/backpacking, hiking, playing bass, and developing apps for personal use.
Working on microservice architecture presents a lot of issues that we as developers need to work through for our software to scale properly. In this seminar we’ll go through the following issues and present some of the solutions that worked for us:
– Distributed logs and tracing the logs through the services: Important to follow the workflow between the services. Used for debugging and wide image of the system
– Dependencies between microservices: What are the problems that this could bring you to? And how to face this problem.
– Synchronous VS Asynchronous communication between services (REST VS Kafka): Pros and Cons of both approaches. How to decide between two of them, and how to properly merge them.
– 3rd party integrations: Protection of the internal system when it has communication and relies on 3rd parties services.
– Monitoring and Alerting: We will define how to set up and user monitoring and alerting system, and how to integrate it with your system.